Monday, June 11, 2012

Flower Basket

This is another project done by my two sisters. Each one of them did the stitch she prefers.




Olive Oil saw this wonderful basket while browsing picasaweb and she felt it would be great if embroidered on a suitable fabric with matching colors.
Here is the link of the album and the pattern:
https://picasaweb.google.com/115441918498191306715/CestasDeFlores




They used satin stitch for the yellow petals and green leaves, crossing lines in the orange center (you can use french knots too), and stem stitch in all the branches. As for the basket's handle and bow, they are done with a tight herringbone stitch. Finally, for the basket they made long lines with a cross at each intersection. I do not know if this method has a name :)

1 comment:

  1. I just love this beautiful flower basket. Thanks for sharing this idea. Well, I am looking for interesting rose flower bouquet design ideas. I want to send flowers to my sister on her first wedding anniversary and would also need recommendations for the best BloomThat Flower Delivery service too. Please help!

    ReplyDelete