Friday, June 8, 2012

Timmy the Tortoise



This is Timmy the Tortoise. I saw him for the first time in a book I borrowed from my cousin. I did many projects from the book which I intend to share with you soon. Unfortunately, I do not remember the title. Anyway, here is the pattern and some instructions.

To do this project (36cm across) you will need:
- 40X75cm fabric for the body
- 20X90cm fabric for the head, legs, and tail
- black and white pieces of felt for the eyes
- two colors of yarn for the back
- stuffing


Start by sewing the six darts in the back to make the curves. I prefer to embroider the circles on the back at this stage too, they are done with chain stitch. Then you can join the two body pieces, the head pieces, the legs, and the tail. Take care to sew the head at the marked place in the body, and to do the same with the legs. Finish up with the eyes and mouth.

Timmy can be used as a floor cushion, it can be put on chairs or couches, and it makes a wonderful footrest if it is firmly stuffed.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment